HOW DO ORGANISM REPRODUCE
- Reproduction is the process by which living organisms produce new individuals similar to themselves. It basically involves the making of copies of the blueprints of the body
- Reproduction ensures continuity of life on earth.
- Chromosomes in the cell contain the information for the inheritance of features which are passed from generation to generation in form of DNA molecules.
- so reproduction involves copying of DNA and other cell apparatuses. The copies will be similar to original and not identical.
- This property is Variation which is the basis and necessary for the evolution of living beings.
- Variations help the species to withstand drastic environmental changes, thus save the species from becoming extinct and promotes its survival for a longer time.
Type of Reproduction
Reproduction can be categorized in two types on basis of the number of parents evolving in the reproduction process.
- Asexual Reproduction
- Sexual Reproduction
- Asexual Reproduction is extremely useful as a mean of rapid multiplication. It is common in lower plants and animals.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post? Please mention your Email so that we can contact you for better feedback.