Sources of Energy
Energy comes in different forms and energy can only be converted from one form to another. For example,
- if we drop a plate from a height, the potential energy of the plate is converted mostly to sound energy when it hits the ground.
- If we light a candle, the process is highly exothermic so that the chemical energy of the wax is converted into heat energy and light energy on burning.
A Good Source of Energy would be one which
- has high calorific value
- be easily accessible.
- be easy to store and transport
- be economical.
- Intermediate Ignition temperature
- Less combustible.
Among the sources of energy, some of them get exhausted (Non-Renewable) While some of them do not get exhausted, therefore called as Renewable source of energy.
- Non-Renewable source of energy:– Coal, Petroleum,
- Renewable source of energy:– Natural Gas- Air, Water, Solar radiation, Geothermal Energy, ocean waves etc.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post? Please mention your Email so that we can contact you for better feedback.