Sources of Energy
Energy comes in different forms and energy can only be converted from one form to another. For example,
- if we drop a plate from a height, the potential energy of the plate is converted mostly to sound energy when it hits the ground.
- If we light a candle, the process is highly exothermic so that the chemical energy of the wax is converted into heat energy and light energy on burning.
A Good Source of Energy would be one which
- has high calorific value
- be easily accessible.
- be easy to store and transport
- be economical.
- Intermediate Ignition temperature
- Less combustible.
Among the sources of energy, some of them get exhausted (Non-Renewable) While some of them do not get exhausted, therefore called as Renewable source of energy.
- Non-Renewable source of energy:– Coal, Petroleum,
- Renewable source of energy:– Natural Gas- Air, Water, Solar radiation, Geothermal Energy, ocean waves etc.