Helium is used:
- Gas cooled Nuclear reactors
- In filling balloons for meteorological observations.
- In the oxygen mixture of deep sea divers
- In inflating aeroplane tyres
- Used to provide an inert atmosphere in melting and welding of easily oxidizable metals.
Neon is used:
- In discharge tubes and fluorescent bulbs used for advertising purposes
- In beacon lights for the safety of air navigators as the light can easily pass through the fog for a clear view.
Argon is used:
- To provide an inert atmosphere in high-temperature metallurgical processes (arc welding of metals or alloys)
- For filling electric bulbs.
- In the laboratory for handling substances that are air-sensitive.
- Xenon and Krypton are also used in light bulbs.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!