Helium is used:
- Gas cooled Nuclear reactors
- In filling balloons for meteorological observations.
- In the oxygen mixture of deep sea divers
- In inflating aeroplane tyres
- Used to provide an inert atmosphere in melting and welding of easily oxidizable metals.
Neon is used:
- In discharge tubes and fluorescent bulbs used for advertising purposes
- In beacon lights for the safety of air navigators as the light can easily pass through the fog for a clear view.
Argon is used:
- To provide an inert atmosphere in high-temperature metallurgical processes (arc welding of metals or alloys)
- For filling electric bulbs.
- In the laboratory for handling substances that are air-sensitive.
- Xenon and Krypton are also used in light bulbs.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post? Please mention your Email so that we can contact you for better feedback.